Friday, December 22, 2017

Fall Garden updates!

Things have taken off in the garden within the past month or so. We have had tons of zucchini blossoms (some I fried stuffed with Ricotta), a couple handfuls of green beans, and huge collard leaves.


One of my favorite parts of gardening is seeing how each plant grows. For some reason I thought that zucchini plants would grow like cucumbers but instead found that they grow like squash. Some veggies seem to do better in my garden than others. I've found that beans are easy to grow and can be prolific. We love eating sauteed green beans with garlic.


The collards are thriving and require little care. They are also have a little blue tint to them which makes them so pretty in the morning light.

I do however, have a lot of trouble with zucchini and squash. I tend to get lots of flowers but very little fruit and none that reach maturity...yet! Hoping that the few zucchini's I have don't rot.


Any other Fall gardens out there? What is working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment