Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kilner Jars

Now, I am still a newbie when it comes to canning and I am enjoying the learning process.  The other day I was at TJ Maxx. Just wandering around, and I came across 2 Kilner Jars.  I'd never seen these types of jars. So I proceeded to read the insert that said these jars can be used for water baths!  Cool, So I bought 2.  One was a pint size and the other was larger.

I used the smaller one today for a lemon honey jelly (my #3) and followed the directions.  See these jars have a rubber ring that you have to remove before boiling the jar to sanitize.  Then you replace the ring when you are ready to process.

There are things I liked about them and things I wish were different.  I liked their darling appearance and glass lid.  I didn't like the bulkiness. When I was removing the jar from the process bath it slipped from the tongs grasp and fell back in, luckily nothing broke.  I would definitely buy more Kilner Jars but in smaller sizes. Their website is great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment