Saturday, February 11, 2012

Drunken Oatmeal Cookies


Hello Jammies!

Last night I indulged in a "couple" glasses of wine while watching Shark Tank with my husband.  Well around 11:00 pm he says he wants oatmeal cookies, seriously.   Dudes, alls I have to say is everyone should try drunk baking sometime and I'll tell you why.

Firstly, alcohol has a tendency to make you overestimate yourself.  After a few sips of wine you are a rocket scientist, after a bottle you can make oatmeal cookies with NO RECIPE!

Secondly you go with your gut and make it the way YOU like it.  Meh, I really like raisins so I am going to pour a mofo into the bowl.

Nows, alls I really remember is this:

1 egg
1 stick o butter (alls we had)
1/2 cup o brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of oatmeal
2 Tablespoons of honey
a shake of baking soda
a jigger of cinnamon
raisins however many you want

First I added the melted butter to the egg and brown sugar and whisked till I got bored.  Then I dumped in the dry stuff and mixed till it looked like it would make some good cookies.  Last thing I did was dump in a mofo load of raisins.  Baked at 350 till the edges looked brown (like 15 minutes).  They were awesome!

I know this isn't a jam post but let's face it, the story is entertaining.  Also, I really really want to make jam tomorrow but we are getting ready to drive from Rhode Island to Florida...on Valentines day.  My best friend is getting hitched in Tampa!  I am super excited and the drive down will probably be...entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment