Wednesday, March 28, 2012

#11 Pineapple Kiwi Jam

Hey y'all Jamsters!




Ahhh, it's not quite summer time yet but it never hurts to pretend! With one lick of the scrumptious tropical delight you will be transported to kokomo, that's where I want to goooo! Now I'm not too sure when Kiwi's are in season but Trader Joes had a good deal on them and they smelled so good!


Kiwi's are so pretty!  The contrast between the green and black seeds make them very fashionable and attractive.

Alls you need:

3 cups of chopped and peeled kiwi
1 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple
1/4 cup of water
4 TBS of dry pectin
3 cups of sugar


Remember to always have your jars sterilizing before you begin! AND it is never a bad idea to throw in an extra jar just in case your yield is a bit more then the recipe states. So place your jars into a canning pot or big mofo pot and cover with water and then bring water to a boil.  Use some of this boiling water to pour over lids and rings.

Combine the kiwi, crushed pineapple, and water into a big mofo pot.  Bring to a boil stirring well or mashing with a potato masher/fork. Once boiling add the sugar. Stir well to combine and check the consistency using the cold spoon method. Once desired gelling point has been reached remove sterilized jars from water bath and use funnel to ladle the pineapple kiwi jam into the jars.  Check for air bubbles and put a lid on it!


Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes or according to your elevation.

I have been experimenting with different photo applications on my iphone.  Yes, I use my phone to photography everything. Why?  I have a pretty old beat up digital camera that takes okay pictures but I really like that I can add funky filters on my iphone and I can automatically send them to my flicker account. I ALWAYS lose my camera cable when I have to upload pictures.

I have been using instagram which is really easy to use and a lot of fun.  Recently I am trying out Camera! which is a bit more technical but with tons more filters.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, Karly!
    That jam sounds soo delicious! I might just have to try this version! ;)
    I hope you're having a wonderful week!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete