Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stool Redo

Hi Jamsters,

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about yall. I know you were crying in the corner thinking "when is she gonna come back?" Anywho I just wanted to let ya know that tomorrow I will be doing 2 jams to make up for lost time.

Tonight I wanted to share with you my little weekend project, reupholstering a little stool I found tossed to the street a few months ago.  Here it is before, all crummy and icky:


To be honest I liked the patchwork fabric but it was just in really bad condition.  So I ripped it all off and the foam (the foam was sooo bad) and beneath it I found 6 pennies and a Canadian coin, someone had stored their life savings inside this stool!!!  I disassembled the stool and replaced the foam and TADAAAA!


It took about 4 hours but was worth it.  I also added a welt around the bottom to cover the staples.  I'd like to learn more about reupholstering it is such an easy way to change the look of something. 

One last thing, on Saturday I was browsing craigslist and came across a garage sale that had this super cool black "leather" chair for sale.  It was nearby and I decided to see if it was still there.  The conversation with the seller went something like this:

Me: "I see you have a black leather chair for sale, how much?"

Seller: "It is $40 dollars"

Me: "okaaaay" **ferociously texts husband to see if I can get it and receives text saying I can for $30 dollars**

Me: "Mister, I really like that chair you got there but my husband says I can't have it unless it is $30 dollars, could you do that for me?" **shuffles dirt around beneath my feet**

Seller: "Yea I guess so"






Woohoo!  Lucie even approves of the new chair:-)

So tomorrow 2 jams!  Later jamsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment